Organ donation & Transplant Research Centre, University of Bedfordshire
The Organ Donation and Transplant research centre (ODTC) undertakes a range of research and stakeholder engagement activities in relation to organ donation and transplantation. The ODTC is led by Professor Randhawa who is Co-Chair of the European Working Group on Public Issues in Organ Donation and Transplantation.
Staff have been involved in undertaking commissioned research.
Research findings have been published nationally and internationally.
The ODTC is regularly commissioned to undertake stakeholders' events with a range of different communities.
- Chairman, Transplant 2020 Stakeholder Group – current
- National Member, National Black and Minority Ethnic Transplant Alliance - current
- Co-Chairman, European Ethical, Legal and Psychosocial Aspect of Transplantation Platform (ELPAT) – Public Issues in Organ Donation & Transplantation – current
- National Member, Triennial Review of NHS Blood & Transplant, Department of Health Challenge Group, 2015-16
- International Evaluator, Bi-ennial Review of Mohan Foundation, Tata Trust, 2015-2016
- Non-Executive Director, Human Tissue Authority, 2010-2014
- Non-Executive Director, UK Transplant, 2001-2005
- National member, Academy of Medical Royal Colleges’ UK Donation Ethics Committee, 2009-2015
- National Member, Evidence Update Group – Organ Donation, NICE, 2014-2016
- National advisory member, Minister of State for Health Services’ Commissioned - Organ Donation Taskforce, Department of Health, 2006-2008
- National advisory Chair, Minister of State for Health Services’ Commissioned - Organ Donation Taskforce, Department of Health, sub-group – Cultural issues and consent models, 2007-2008
- National Member, NICE Guidelines Development Group – Organ Donation, 2012-2014
- Advocating on behalf of patients to have access for free transport for dialysis
- Secretariat of the APPKG - Living Kidney Donor Manifesto
- Update on the Living Kidney Donor Manifesto