The National BAME Transplant Alliance and NHS Blood & Transplant are joining together to hold an event to develop the Black, Asian, Mixed Race and Minority Ethnicity aspects of the new UK Organ Donation and Transplantation strategy. The main purpose of this event is to develop priorities and plans for the new strategy that specifically relates to its BAME aspects.
The main themes of this event will include:
- empowering BAME groups to lead on organ donation;
- addressing inequality in transplant outcomes;
- addressing diversity in the NHS workforce;
- examining what data we have and will need by ethnicity and religion;
- the process for ensuring long term action plans are put in place and; improved partnership working.