National Kidney Foundation
The National Kidney Federation (NKF) has been representing renal patients for 40 years and is unique in being the only national charity run by Kidney Patients for Kidney Patients.
Kidney disease can affect anyone of any age, even from birth. There are currently two million people with early stage Chronic Kidney Disease in the United Kingdom, and a further 60,000 with end-stage – meaning they are either on Dialysis or have had a kidney transplant. NKF is a responsive organisation, listening to the issues and needs of kidney patients and then acting on them.
- We run the only UK Helpline dedicated solely to patients with the condition.
- We have a stock of over 150 information leaflets for patients, their carers and professionals
- Provides national support services for Kidney patient Associations and individual kidney patients
- Campaigns for improvements and better access to renal provision and treatment
- Maintains a patient voice and point of view on NHS and related organisations and committees
- Advocating on behalf of patients to have access for free transport for dialysis
- Secretariat of the APPKG - Living Kidney Donor Manifesto
- Update on the Living Kidney Donor Manifesto